The world has gone digital, and the sooner businesses embrace this, the better for them. Billions of people are now using internet enabled devices to access markets. Research suggests that more than 50% of people who use the internet prefer to shop or engage with sellers online than going into a physical shop. This means that a serious business should come up with the right online marketing strategy to cash into the customer base. You do not have to be an expert on online marketing strategies for you to fully utilise it in your business. As long as you have an interest, you can easily grasp how it is done.
Signs that your business needs to learn online marketing strategy
- You lack direction on how to engage customers online: If you find yourself struggling to find solutions on how to capitalise on the large number of customers who are online, then it is a sign that you need to learn online marketing strategies.
- Your competitors seem to have better online presence than you: Do you sometimes go through your competitor’s page and wonder what they are doing differently to get the kind of following that they have? If your competitors always have a vibrant online presence with a lot of engagements, then chances are that they have established an online marketing strategy that is working best for them.
- You have not set aside a budget for online/digital marketing: If you are in business, you cannot afford to not have a budget to market your products or services online. Businesses that do not have a budget clearly need a good online marketing strategy.
- You have no clear knowledge of who your online customers are: One of the ways to make sure you develop the right online marketing strategy is by understanding your customers’ needs, and what want. It is important to know your market so that you know how to package for them content that sells. A sign that you need to learn online marketing strategy is when you are always struggling to understand who exactly is interacting with your products, and whether they have unique needs.
- You do not think about optimisation of your website: Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) is one of the best ways to ensure your website gets the views you need. If you want to get a good online presence, then you should start thinking of how to optimise your page. If you are not already doing that, then you need a good online marketing strategy.
Where to learn online marketing strategies
- Taking Online courses: There are many online courses that you can take if you want to learn online marketing strategies. Sites such as Social media quickstarter, Coursera, Canvas, eDX are some of the sites that offer marketing strategies for individuals and businesses. You can do an online search and try out different sites so that you find the one that works best for you.
- Taking short courses in college: If there is a college around you, you can check if they have short courses that handle specific topics such as online marketing strategies. Alternatively, you can try out online colleges that allow people to take virtual courses. The internet is full of options of institutions that offer short courses so you just need to make your search specific and you will get what you need.
- Look for a tutor: This is a better option if you want someone who can give you a personalised attention, or if you want sessions for yourself and your team of employees. You can look for a professional or someone who is well versed on issues around online marketing strategies. Some of the ways of finding a tutor is by doing research and comparing options that are out there, or reaching out to people who have used tutors before, and asking for recommendations.
- Conferences and workshops: Another good place to learn how to do online marketing strategies is by attending conferences and workshops that are always organised by experts in the field. It is always better to do research, read reviews and book in advance whenever there is a conference being hosted in your region. There is always the alternative of booking for a facilitator to come and hold a workshop or conference at your office if you have many employees.
There is always an option of hiring a consultant if you feel overwhelmed. During the initial stages, you can work with someone who can give you hands on guidance on how to go about it.