Introduction to Social Media for Business
Anyone who is already in business, or is thinking of setting one up, should never ignore the power of social media. With more than three billion active users every day, social media is becoming a force which all businesses should embrace. There are many reasons for having a solid social media marketing strategy, including:
- It promotes loyalty since more people will be able to recognise the brand and want to associate with it.
- It is a cheap way to advertise products and services; all one needs to do is put out regular and strategic posts.
- It allows for smooth interactions and immediate feedback from the customers.
- It helps in monitoring customer needs; social media platforms, such as Facebook and Instagram, allow for businesses to create a survey and get responses which they can use to make necessary changes in their business models.
- It builds conversions; social media can be used to direct people to the website of the business, hence increasing traffic, and in most instances, increased traffic means improved sales.
How to Do Social Media for Marketing
Most people imagine that social media marketing is simply creating a post and adding it online. This is far from the truth. There are many aspects which go into social media marketing, and some of the ones that have been tried and tested are:
- Being consistent; posting on social media platforms should be a deliberate thing, where the businesses schedule posts and add them regularly. This makes the customers more engaged with the content, rather than when it comes sporadically.
- Using links; even as businesses are sharing their content on social media, they should ensure that they are plugging in links from their own sites so that they can increase traffic. Small businesses should read the guide on how to go about using social media. They should understand the different media available and how they can grow businesses.
- Checking out the competitors; one of the strategies of using social media is by ensuring the person in business is also taking time to check out what the competition is doing. They should find out how they are building their followers and what they are doing differently to get traction.
- Getting the analytics; when using social media strategies, the businesses should not do it blindly. They should check what the analytics say. One of the ways to do it is by using Google Analytics to find out how many referrals they are getting from social media posts.