There are more than 5 billion people in the whole world who are using smart phones and internet enabled mobile devices. People are shifting from using their computers, and according to a report by the Wall Street journal, more than 50% of the advertising that is done on digital media is done on mobile devices. This goes to show that digital strategies that target marketing should now adapt and move from traditional forms of advertising. The focus is now on mobile devices.
Advertising strategies for mobile
In order to tap into the mobile market, there is need to make use of the different advertising strategies that can drive your business to greater heights. Some of the tried and tested strategies include:
- Think less text and more images: Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) are always ranked higher by google. The criteria for higher ranking is always less text, visible font size, use of clear images, and easy functionality. Social media sites such as Facebook also do not allow posts with too much text to be boosted. When doing strategies for mobile advertising, you should think about visuals.
- Make the website mobile friendly: If you are doing business online, it helps to make sure that the site is mobile friendly. Online betting sites have understood their customers’ needs and ensured that their sites can be easily accessed on mobile devices. You can find bingo.com on all devices and the site loads very easily. This explains why these sites are popular. Search engines now rank mobile friendly sites higher than the ones that are not available on mobile.
- Use simple designs: If you want your site to load easily on mobile devices, then you should use simple designs. The way the site loads on a computer is not the same as it does on mobile. If you want to give your mobile users a good experience, then you should ensure your website design is simple enough so that it does not take a long time loading.
- Use multi media content: Do not restrict yourself into using one form of media. Statistics show that mobile users are likely to engage more with content that has text, video and audio. Your marketing messages should use multi media to to communicate.
- Go to social media: Social media is one of the tools that can be used by businesses that are trying out digital strategies. Most people use their mobile phones to access social media, so if you are going to do digital marketing for mobile, you should prioritise social media.
Why businesses need to embrace mobile phone for digital marketing
- More people use mobile to access information: Long gone are days when people would sit in front of their computer screens and scroll from home or their offices. The mobile phone provides a new way to access information whenever and wherever one wants. This means that more people are always on their mobile devices. If you are in business, you should take advantage of these numbers and target mobile users.
- It gives an edge over competition: Businesses are always looking for ways to outwit their competition. If you want to have an advantage, then should not restrict your digital marketing strategies to conventional media. You should make sure that you have a presence on mobile. If you look at most businesses that are doing well online and off the net, you will realise that they have made a deliberate move to reach mobile users.
- Allows interaction with customers: One of the advantages of digital marketing is the fact that it allows for immediate feedback and for interaction with the customers. As a business, you should take advantage of the fact that you can there is a vibrant and responsive customer base that you can communicate with and get immediate feedback. You can even use mobile marketing to do surveys that will help you position your content better.